Thursday, October 9, 2014

Week 1 - EOC: Narrative


 I am on my way to becoming a professional photographer. I know photography is my passion and skill. I have always been on the creative side of things, whether it was interior design, scrapbooking, or art. Photography however writes stories and memories through the photographer’s eye and camera. Photography lets you become free with your creativity and lets you express you or the moment your capturing. I love capturing memories and love engaging with others, that is why photography is for me.

 Photography is a passion passed down from my grandfather, to my mom, to me. Through high school I taught myself how to use my camera and creating different appealing views. I know it is important to have memories and photos to look back on. I am fortunate enough to have photos, scrapbooks made, and home videos of my childhood and present. My family and I have always kind of complained in that moment that we don’t want our picture taken, but I appreciate my mom doing that for all these years. As of today I am attending the Art Institute of Las Vegas. I started in the summer of 2013, and before that I did a year at the University of Nevada, Reno. I took classes in photography and journalism at UNR to get a feel of some interests I had. I wanted to know more about the subjects I loved, these two subjects give the reason to travel, and that is one my top things I love to do.

 What I hope to achieve is to get myself known in the photography industry and be able to eventually create a style I love and can stick with. I feel having a style really gets your work more known or identified. I have noticed my photos becoming a more professional standard. I have developed so much but so little at the same time. I know I have endless learning in this field of study, but I love to learn and keep learning new things. By continuing to learn I find myself developing more and more. I am always up for new things and a quick learner. I am only getting my associates degree right now but hope to continue and take classes to keep up. I would love to get my bachelors degree, but this field of study is expensive itself, and then add school and school loans stresses me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment